3.26.2009

Journal on OIP in China - Day 21 & 22

Day 21 March 24
Today, I woke up at 6.15am and washed up. And then, I had my breakfast and did some work at the same time. At about 8.20am, I got my things prepared and walked down to the classroom for attending the APPG lab test at 9am sharp. While I was waiting for the lecturers to open up the door, I did some study on the program codes and its structure at the outside of the classroom. Later about 5 minutes later, Mr Chua and Mr Ma were walking down the staircase and Mr Ma opened up the door to enter. Then, when I was inside the classroom, I took out the necessary accessories to attend the lab test. Today’s lab test wasn’t very smoothly as I had met some difficulties in the beginning. When I was doing it, I overcame the difficulties that I met and managed to complete the first part in very short time. After had shown to Mr Ma for the first part, I immediately settled on doing the program codes. At about 10.20am, the duration of the lab test was ended. Then I went to Canteen 1 for my light breakfast. Later, I went back to the hostel and took some rest before went to attend the afternoon lesson at 2pm. Until 1pm plus, I walked down to the ground level and headed to the classroom. Then, when I reached the classroom outside, I saw Mr Ma was standing outside the classroom and had chatted with him regarding to APPG. Later, we saw Mr Chua was on his way to open up the door for us to enter. Then, Mr Ma had started to brief on the lab 5 program structure and gave some idea on how it works. At about 5pm, my roommate and I went back to our hostel together and got ourselves changed before we had our dinner outside the school. Later to 7.30pm, my group members, Shaoming, Siew bo and I went to have our dinner together outside the school at “Hua Tai Jie”, Hua Tai Street. After had our dinner, we walked down to the opposite street and found out whether anything for us to be seen. As we walked along the street, we passed by a shop which sells a bunch of fireworks. They were selling at different prices. Some were cost a minimum of $100 RMB and some were cost up to the maximum of $500 RMB. Then, we asked the shop assistant on how it sold differently. And he told us that the one cost $500 RMB which had about 81 sticks while $100 RMB had about 20-30 sticks. So we discussed as group whether we could buy one of them before we would make our leave to Singapore. Next, Siew bo and I bought some drinks and snacks before we left the shop. After that, we went back to the hostel and waited for the briefing on tomorrow at 9.30pm. As for today, it was not pretty much to be observed except the selling cost of fireworks was much cheaper than Singapore. In Singapore, we couldn’t have the chance to play them according to the rules given by the government. If we wanted to play, we might travel outside of Singapore to enjoy playing them. However the cost for fireworks wasn’t so expensive. But in Singapore, those probably might sell at the cost of $100-$400 SGD which was not worth for us to buy them.



















































Day 22 March 25
This morning, as usual I woke up at 6.15am to wash my clothes and washed up. Then, I had my breakfast after got myself prepared for the morning lesson at 9am. At about 8.20am, my group and I left the hostel and walked down to the classroom together. When we reached, we waited for our lecturers to open up the door. After we got into the classroom, we immediately switched on our laptops and started to continue doing on lab 5. However, the lab 5 program structure was a bit confusing in the beginning but I managed to understand them bit by bit. At about 11.15am, I managed to complete lab 5 and shown the program to my lecturer, Mr Ma for verifying the work. Later about to 12pm, my group and I went back to our hostel for taking some rest instead of having our lunch at the canteen. When we got inside the hostel room, most of us were very tired and did our work individually. While others were doing their work, I started doing on the APPG mini project description and briefly described on the notes according to my idea. After that, at about 1.20pm, I felt very hungry suddenly and told my group that I left for some bites. Then, I walked down to the ground level and headed towards Canteen 1. When I reached the canteen, I ordered a bowl of porridge at the cost of $2 RMB. The taste of it was a bit salty when the moment I ate. After had eaten, I walked out of the canteen and went to the classroom for afternoon lesson at 2pm. Later, when I got there, I saw no one was waiting outside the classroom. So, I walked towards the office room outside and saw Mr Ma doing his work. Then, I asked him whether could open up the door. Next, when most of us reached the class, we were been told to do the revision for APPG theory test. After had done the revision, Mr Ma went through the answers with us to check our mistakes. At about 5pm, the class was ended. Then, my group and I went to the Canteen 3 for buying some bites before we walked back to the hostel. After buying some bites, we walked to our hostel and started to do on APPG mini project. At about 7.30pm, I got myself changed and went down to the usual place for having dinner on my own. After that, I walked back to the hostel and continued doing on my APPG mini project before I turned in to sleep. As for today was nothing much to be observed but managed to understand the concept on the file writing and file reading by doing the lab 5. Although I found that the concept was a bit hard to understand in the first place. As I did along, I found that it wasn’t that tough actually.




Cloudy or Rainy?














A good way of promoting to speak english