3.20.2009

Journal on OIP in China - Day 11 & 12

Day 11 March 14
Today morning I woke up at about 7.05am for preparing to have breakfast at the dining area on level 3. At 7.15am, my roommate and I were walking to the dining area and started to have our breakfast after we waited for people to fill in the empty seats from our dining table. After had our breakfast, we went back to our room and had our rest for 2 hours before we headed for our next destination called “Shennongxi” where the ethnic residents, “Tu Jia Zhu” lived in that area. Later about 10.10am, all of us were called up and gathered together with students from other Ngee Ann’s division at the main arena at level 1. Then, we were walked outside the corridor area and transferred to another ship. And this ship brought us to our destination, “Shennongxi”. The duration for travelling took us about 1-2 hours to reach. While we were on board, we also had passed by their local bridge, which called “Ba Dong Chang Jiang Da Qiao”. It was one of the largest bridges in China beside Yangtze Bridge in Wuhan. Next, we took some pictures on natural scenes such as mountain hills and got know its history as well. At about an hour passed, we reached the place and saw 9 wooden boats with some boat trackers were on shore at outside the ship. After we walked out, we walked towards the wooden boats area and sat on it to sail around the area with our tour lead. As I was being sailed with others by the boat trackers, I saw some natural scenes and their construction site on their bridge at the same time. Later, the boat was sailed to the narrow area where the water flowed in downstream direction as it was also faced the pressure against by the water flow. So most of the boat trackers got out of their boats and tried to pull up the boats along the water level. The boat trackers were so fit and pulling the boats up difficultly. I was admired on their strength and they did really put out their energy for their living. After that, my group and I went back to the ship, proceeded to have our lunch at about 2pm. Then, while having our lunch, I had tried out their dishes. They were delicious as I ate. One of the dishes I like was beancurd with some sauces. However, I couldn’t pick them by using chopsticks. So I went to the counter and asked for a spoon. The difficulty that I encountered was the pronunciation and the name of the spoon. Normally in Singapore, I would always ask for a spoon in Chinese as “Tang Chi”. However in China, wherever I went for having meals such as lunch and dinner, the name of it would be called as “Sao Zi” instead of the previous which mentioned. This was my third time to encounter this situation either in Wuhan or in Yichang. After having lunch, we went back to our room for having some rest. At about 5pm, the tour lead gathered us at the scene area, level 4. When I reached there, I took some pictures of the mountains shape. Most of their names were described by human’s imagination in the past. An hour later, all of us in the ship had reached our next destination called “Bai Di Cheng”. It was a place where Shu emperor, Liu Bei used to be lived and died in that area. When we reached the place, it was an ancient building as its appearance. Then, we went inside to have some look on the historical items and listened to our tour lead’s explanation. At about 8.30pm, we went to the main entrance and took a bus back to our ship. We were also passed by the street, “Chong Qin” to get some bites along our way. Later, at about 9.20pm, we started to have our dinner and about to turn in to sleep after that. As for today’s activity, it was a pretty worth for me to know about the history in China especially in the place called “Bai Di Cheng” and also had an experience on learning their name of the items in China.


our breakfast in the ship












Houses on the mountain
































Mr Chua and his wife


Houses...


Houses...




Our tour guides. The two beauties.


Together with others as the group..


Me with the tour guide


with the two tour guides.








The control of the boat


Big cave?
























The people of Tujia Ethnic Group












The bridge construction




















They are pulling the boats...







The tour guide of the area






































The place where reprsents the picture in $10 note of RMB


Frog Mountain... Looks like a frog going to hop






















Wu, Shu, Wei states




The spear of famous character, Liu Bei during the period of the Three Kingdoms








Zhang Fei Beef Noodles? Really exist?


Here's it. Look nice..


Our dinner in ship

Day 12 March 15
Today was a day when we were leaving from our trip on Three Gorges. This morning I woke up at about 6.10am, washed up inside the room on the ship. Then, my roommate and I were ready to have our breakfast at 7am. After that, at 7.30am, we packed our luggage and headed to level 1 to meet our tour lead. Then, we proceeded to our bus outside the ship port. Next, we boarded the bus and headed back to Yichang. It took us about 1 hour plus to reach. Then, we were dropped by outside the shopping mall and went in together. At about 10am, we walked in and all of us walked separately to get our necessary things and some goodies. So I went around getting some utensils myself such as toothpaste and shampoo. After that, I met with my class to buy some local goodies back as well. After had purchased at level 1, we went back to our bus and continue our way back to our campus. The total time of the journey took almost 4 hours to reach the destination. At about 3pm, we reached our campus outside and walked towards the hostel with our luggage carried. When my group and I reached our room, we were doing our things differently. And I was busy to do my homework and continue writing my journal on the Three Gorges trip since last two days. At about 6.30pm, I met with my group together to have our dinner at outside the campus. Then, all of us were ordered our dinner from same stall. After had our dinner, we walked around the town area and headed back to our hostel to wait for briefing at 9.30pm. As for today, it was a tiring day for me. However, I had the chance to visit the history places in China since last two days on the trip. From the Three Gorges trip, I had learnt that the name of the mountains was given by people’s imagination during the past. According to what our tour lead told us that people in the past liked to give name of the mountains by imagining from the shape of the mountains. This was happened to be my learning part during this trip. I hope there would be second time in future too.








On the way back to our school






Pool outside along the street




You wont believe.... A packet of chips from Jay Chou...