3.20.2009

Journal on OIP in China - Day 7 & 8

Day 7 March 10
This morning as usual, woke up and washed up but had my breakfast in the hostel as I bought the breads as my breakfast today. After had eaten, all of us from our room went down together and walked towards to our class. Today’s morning lesson was APPG, which was my favourite module. I was so exciting to keep learning new features from Visual C#. And we were taught from topic 1 and did some practice on tutorial in the class. At the same time, my mom finally has managed to give me a call, asked whether I been doing fine. After our class ended, my group and I went to the nearest canteen, canteen 3 for our lunch. We went to the same stall and ordered the noodles type dishes. I had even tried their claypot vermicelli with soup, it was pretty nice too as the price was just $3.50 RMB and I was quite full after having it. Later, we went back to our hostel to help our class to install Visual Studio 2008 because their laptops don’t have the frame version to support the current lab of Application Programming module. So until 1.30pm plus, we went down and walked to our class. As usual, we were having the APPG in the afternoon too. As the class has ended 5pm, we went back to our hostel and have our clothes changed. Then we went down to the ground level and followed by the campus clubhouse nearby. As we went in, some of us went to the gym while others went to play billiard or pool at level 2. As myself, I watched them using the gym facility because I don’t have the sport attire to work out. After that, we went back to our hostel at 7pm plus. Then, my group and I were having our dinner inside our hostel instead of having outside. While we were waiting until 10pm, we went to Mr Ma’s house for briefing on tomorrow. After that, we went back to our room and turned in to sleep. As for today, it was not really much activity went on but I had my first lesson which was conducted by the lecturer. Although it was first lesson, I should learn how to manage my time for revision and self-study in China. Unlike in Singapore, the schedule was quite packed as it was left less than 6 weeks.


The computer mouse use in our classroom


keyboard use in the same room


Are they working out?


Please focus on mind. Please listening. Oh no.. my translation isnt good enough




The shop that we buy our bread normally








The big cake that we have in our hostel room. Eaten with Group 5 & 6 together.

Day 8 March 11
This morning, as usual woke up around 6.30am to have water boiled and prepared a bottle of warm water for my today activity, to have interaction with the people in China at 10am. As the time goes by, my group and I were ready to go for our morning class at 9am. This morning’s lesson was to give presentation of Singapore history from the rest of the groups that have not done in the last lesson. Then, my group and I were giving our presentation of Singapore and Wuhan history. After had our presentation, it was about 10am and our lecturer called up the 4 of us who represented to go for the interaction with the local people here. So we went to meet the lecturer-in-charge together with Mr Chua. Then, the lecturer brought us to the level 5 room and met the students over there. When the four of us got into their classroom, we were greeted them in very friendly manner and begun to have self introduction. There were 8 students including 6 females and 2 males in the classroom. One of the male students, Huang Xiao Long was their class chairman. Next, all of us begun our talk, we shared with them about Singapore’s properties, such as education system, transport system and the daily lifestyles while they shared theirs in the opposite as well. After had our talk, we exchanged our contacts and emails so that we could contact one another. Later, the 4 of us went to our classroom and waited to have our lunch at 12pm. As usual, we had our lunch in one of the campus canteens. At about 1.30pm, we walked to the classroom for attending the lesson from 2pm-5pm. When the lesson was ended, we went to our hostel for our clothes changed and had our dinner outside. Later at about 8pm plus, we did our homework and did our assignment from APPG which must hand in tomorrow morning. As for today was just normal day, attending the lessons daily, not pretty much activities went on. However, I have gained an experience on interacting with the students in China. They were very nice to talk with, and happened to share common interests together. I was glad that I have this opportunity to know them in person.


Chicken drumstick or chicken drummeat?


3? What 3? Is it $3 RMB? YES!!. Its $3 RMB.


Siew bo look here!! I want to take shot when you eat






Seemed to be wet outside